Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission now open
Due to the short nature of the Forum and the large facilitated group workshop being held as part of the program, ‘Speed Talks’ are the only form of Oral Presentation being offered.
Oral presentations ‘Speed Talks’ – 5 minutes presentation plus question time at the end of all session speakers
Poster presentations – posters should not exceed AO in size (1189mm high x 841mm wide)
Please advise your preference of oral or poster during the online abstract submission process
Presentations which are not accepted for an oral presentation will be considered for a poster presentation
Please nominate which theme best aligns with your submission. You can do this during the online abstract submission process;
- management challenges
- social science
- Southern Ocean ecosystems.
Submission details and conditions
- Submissions must be received no later than 29 February 2020.
- Submissions must be submitted electronically via the presentation portal.
- Abstracts should not exceed 250 words in length.
- A brief biography of the author/presenter must be provided and should be no longer than 100 words.
- All successful presenters will be expected to pay the Forum registration fee and are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. (Some travel assistance is available. More information available here.)
- Abstracts will be reviewed and the decision of the Forum Committee will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- All decisions will be communicated by 31 March 2020.
- Presenters must be registered by 30 April 2020 (close of Early Bird) after which the final program will be prepared.
Criteria used to review proposed presentations will include:
- The topic is relevant to the purpose of the Forum - to share knowledge and experience, explore connections and develop partnerships for a collective future.
- Relevance to theme/s.
- Subject matter is original or innovative.
- The clarity of submission.
- A windows-based PC and data projection facility will be provided, together with microphone at the lectern and laser pointer.
- The ratio for Powerpoint or pdf presentations should be 16:9.
- Presenters are requested to bring their presentation with them on a USB drive.
- If you’d like to use your own laptop or MAC to present, please advise prior to your arrival at the Forum, so that we can accommodate your request.